At Prairie View, we use three formal standardized benchmark assessments to track student progress.
- The Wisconsin Knowledge & Concepts Exam (WKCE)
- This is a standardized assessment that all Wisconsin third, fourth, and fifth grade students take in the fall of the school year. Results from this assessment are typically available in March.
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- This is a computer-based benchmark assessment that students in grades 2-5 take in the fall, winter, and spring of the school year. Students are assessed in the areas of reading & math. MAP assessments provide students with learning / growth targets to work towards throughout the school year.
- Fountas & Pinnell Reading Assessment
- This is a benchmark assessment given in January and May to all students. It determines each student's instructional reading level, which then helps guide teachers' day-to-day instruction for each student. Students are placed within guided reading groups based upon their instructional level and needs.